Here is the recap of last weeks’ Gut Health info. It says the day, the topic and a supplement if your body needs extra support in that area. Remember to check our our Facebook and Instagram pages to watch the videos of me explaining these topics in more depth!
Day 6-Leaky Gut –Okra Pepsin
- Weakened cell walls create a leaky cell wall that allow undigested food in your body
- Undigested food gets absorbed and stimulates a chronic immune/inflammation response
- Leads to many chronic disease processes
Day 7-Gut microbiome- ProSynbiotic
- Gut needs to be a healthy environment for the good bacteria to thrive
- Good bacteria breaks down food and produces many vitamins and mineral we need for health
Day 8-Eat probiotic food- Lactic Acid Yeast Wafer
- Eat fermented food
- Kefir, pickled anything, kimchi, sauerkraut etc.
- Improves gut health and gives body pre and probiotic food
Day 9-Fiber-Gastro Fiber
- Soluble fiber is fiber like apple pectin. It is food for good bacteria
- Fibrous food allows the good bacteria to multiply but to release vitamins and minerals
- Insoluble fiber is undigestible but acts as a scraper to keep the colon clean
- Eating fibrous foods like apples, beets, all vegetables and fruit is healthy
- Need to have one or more bowel movements a day
- Transit time tracker corn or beets. Should be 12-24 hours
- If you are not regular sit for 5 minutes in am and after meals to retrain colon
Click here to read the recap from week 1!