Some tips for strengthening your immune system:
- Sleep- less than 5 hours of sleep in one night can lower your immune fighting cells by well over 50%. So getting 8 hours of sleep is optimal in times of stress.
- Eat the rainbow-and I don’t mean skittles! I mean eat bright vegetables and fruits because the micronutrients embedded in whole foods are vital to a robust immune system.
- Reduce, eliminate, or drastically reduce consumption of refined foods containing sugar and refined flour.
- Eat good fats – olive oil, fish oil, avocado oil etc…
- Remember the words of Bobby McFerrin “Don’t worry, be happy!” Your state of mind effects your hormones and the health of your immune system more than you could ever know.
- Exercise- isolate yourself in nature and go for a walk. The beauty of spring is beginning to abound so get out for a bike, a walk, or a run. The overall health benefits of exercise are immeasurable.
- Get some sun. 20 minutes on your arms will give you the incredible immune fights benefits of Vitamin D. Ever notice there is typically far less sickness in the summer?
- Keep a healthy GUT. 60% of your immune system surrounds your GUT.
Here is a link to an episode of the Doctor’s Farmacy– Dr. Mark Hyman is the former head of functional medicine at the renowned Cleveland Clinic. He is interviewing another medical doctor who specializes in gut health. His podcast and YouTube videos are very enlightening and this one is particular gives you great insight on why gut health is so important to your immune system.
The number one nutritional protocol we work on is restoring normal gut health (reflux, bloating, just about any chronic inflammation condition from eczema to arthritis). We will be holding some seminars on gut health when life returns to a more normal level. Until then, we will be emailing great information to broaden your understanding.
If you would like to discuss your nutritional situation with me, call me at 920-946-2964
Everyone is going through some hardships right now in their lives. Literally EVERYONE! I challenge you to a paradigm shift where you switch the idea of hardship with OPPORTUNITY. I have an opportunity to spend more time with my children. I have the chance to slow down. I am not stuck at home, I am safe at home.
Are you going to take this hardship and let it ruin you, or are you going to take this OPPORTUNITY to make your life better on the backside of this event? Please choose opportunity!
Dr. Dan and Dr. Jean